1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, or 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
1 round (8 oz) Brie cheese
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Pat dough to form 2 squares.
3. Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough. With small cookie cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside.
4. Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
5. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
Serve with crackers, fresh fruit (apple slices), etc. You can serve with dollops of jams.
You can chop up and substitute any candy you wish. This is a great way to use up Halloween candy. I LOVE chopping up snickers and adding them. Also, I make a double batch and then add more varieties of candy! You can substitute in nut-free ingredients. Have fun creating your own variety. Below is my favorite combo!
Homemade Frozen coffee drinks
When I can't get out to get coffee, or just do not want to spend the money on a frozen blended coffee high, I make them at home.
1/2 cup of strong black coffee
1/2 cup of ice cubes
1/2 cup of Milk
2 tsp of sugar
Mix together in a blender at full power for 1 minute. Pour into tall glass and drink with a straw.
Now, I hate ice chips in my frozen drink. So, when I make a pot of coffee I freeze the left over coffee in an ice cube trays. I use these instead of plain ice for almost every frozen coffee recipe. I substitute in almond milk for regular milk at times. I sometimes use a bit of flavored creamer. I can adjust recipes to my liking. I may add whipped cream, or skip it. This goes for chocolate or caramel drizzle. I also get drink flavorings and make whatever I desire that day. Today I added chocolate syrup and a splash of vanilla. Very yummy! Have fun! It is a fraction of the cost when you make these at home!
Frozen Coffee Mocha:
1 ice cube tray of frozen coffee
2 tablespoons and 1 cup of milk
1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of powder sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
Microwave 2 Tbs. milk til hot enough to melt cocoa powder and powder sugar. mix in vanilla and stir well. Add the remaining cup of milk. Put mixture in blender with frozen coffee cubes. Blend on high until smooth.
1 Pound Pork Sausage (or bacon cooked and crumbled)
1 (8 ounce) package of refrigerated crescent rolls
8 large eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preaheat over to 325 degrees.
2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until brown. Drain. Crumble. Set aside.
3. Lightly grease or spray 9x13 baking dish.
4. Line bottom of baking dish with crescent roll dough (roll out and piece together on bottom of dish ), and sprinkle with crumbled sausage. In a large bowl combine beaten eggs and both cheeses. Season the mixture with the oregano. Pour over sausage and crescent rolls.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a clean knife inserted comes out clean.
CreamY Chicken Casserole
4-5 boneless chicken breasts, cut-up into small pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped small
1 sm. jar of pimentos
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2/3 c. mayonnaise
1 can water chestnuts
2 c. buttered bread crumbs or crushed potato chips
Mix the chicken, soup, pimentos, water chestnuts, onion, eggs and mayonnaise in a bowl. Place in a in an 9x11 greased baking dish and sprinkle top with bread crumbs/chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. It should be hot and bubbly with bread crumbs browned.
Green Onion Potato Casserole
Aprox. 6 large potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
6 to 8 fresh green onions, chopped with some greens
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded (aprox. 4 ounces)
1/3 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to: 400 degrees.
Peel, quarter and boil potatoes until barely tender. Drain, cool and grate on large side of a grater (or thinly shave with a knife). Place in a large bowl. Gently mix in salt, sour cream, green onions (save a few for sprinkling on top), and cheese. Place mixture in to a greased shallow pan or casserole dish. Top with melted butter. Baked until golden (30 minutes). Sprinkle remaining green onions on top for looks.
Quick and Easy Shrimp Dip
1 can baby shrimp
1 (8 oz) package of Cream Cheese
3 chopped green onions
1 teaspoon celery salt 2 to 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
Blend all ingredients together well in a bowl. Place in a serving dish. Sprinkle some green onions on top for garnish if desired.
Serve with crackers, pita bread, or baguette.